Sunday, August 20, 2017

Menu Plan: Summer (Aug. 20-26)

     Menu plans are so very helpful for many reasons. Each Sunday, David and I will create a menu plan for the upcoming week. I've seen lots of different menu planning pages online, but none that quite fit my needs. So, I created my own! I make a copy each week, fill it in, and then keep it on the front of the refrigerator to refer to throughout the week. When finished, I store it in one of our recipe binders for future reference.

    I hope to begin sharing our weekly menu plans on the blog, and using that as a convenient way of storing and retrieving them. It's rather nice to begin planning a weekly menu with the menu from the same time last year as a reference for ideas!


Breakfasts
- cereal, hardboiled eggs
- cereal
- egg-in-a-hole, fruit
- french toast
*Note: I typically plan only 3-4 different breakfast meals, and then repeat each of them during the week

Lunches
- (we typically make a double portion of dinner meals to also use as lunches for the next day. Currently, we aim to make a meal serve 6. However, when we don't have leftovers we will simply have a pbj lunch)

Snacks
- cottage cheese with pineapple
- banana break with cream cheese
- cookies n' milk (special treat)
- yogurt parfait
*Note: I typically plan only 3-4 different breakfast meals, and then repeat each of them during the week

Dinners
- taco style nachos
- chicken pot pie biscuits (Trying something new with this one. It's essentially pot pie filling that is cooked and served on top of cooked biscuits. I thought the children would enjoy this version)
- creamy alfredo pasta with peas
- hot dogs with chili, veggie tater tots
- bacon and brussels sprouts pizza
- pork chops, sweet potatoes, green beans




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...