Thursday, February 2, 2017

Baby 3 Pregnancy Journal: Week 38!

Whoa, belly!
This baby deep inside me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God game to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How Far Along? 38 weeks!
"With only two (or four, max) weeks left in utero, all systems are (amost) go. To finish getting ready ... baby has a few last minute details to take care of, like shedding that skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. And producing more surfactant, which will prevent the air sacs in the lungs from sticking to each other when your baby begins to breathe -- something he or she will be doing very soon." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th ed. 

Baby Size?
"Hitting the growth charts at close to 7 pounds and the 20-inch mark (give or take an inch or two)." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th ed. 

The latest ultrasound confirmed our suspicion of this little guy being on the smaller side. They suspect he'll be comparable to our other term baby (so around the 6lb range). The OB and myself have said my small frame simply has small babies (and that will be a good thing when it comes to delivery!). 

Gender? It's a BOY! His name will be Huxley Nathaniel R. 

Belly? Oh my. The belly feels huge. It may never recover from the stretch marks or degree of diastasis recti. Absolutely worth it though!

Sleep? hahaha! I'm altogether too uncomfortable to rest soundly. Preparation for being up all night feeding, right? 

Symptoms? Name one. The body is definitely feeling the strain this far along. 

Clothing? See that outfit in the picture? It plus a chambray shirt is all that's left. Between the belly being so far forward and he having dropped so low, nothing is fitting anymore. The bands of my maternity pants are too tight and my shirts are all too short. Pardon my rewearing of a mere four items of clothing until he arrives. I do wash them. haha!

Movement? I'm slowing down quite a bit. It's been much more energy-consuming to maneuver. We have still gone for a walk around the neighborhood every day that is pretty. 

Baby Movement? He's slowing down in his movements as well. Hopefully he's finding a comfy ready-to-exit spot. haha

Food Adversions? None. 

Food Cravings? The milk craving has returned! For whatever reason, I crave milk during pregnancies. I thoroughly enjoyed it during the first trimester, not as much in the second, and now absolutely love it again. 

What I Miss? Less aches, more energy, deeper sleep etc. Like I said, I'm feeling very ready for him at this point. 

What I'm Excited About? I'm so excited to meet him...SOON! It's hard to believe the time is nearly here! David and I were talking the other day about this past year and it occurred to me that I have been pregnant nearly as long as we've lived here. Phew, what a wild year! It seems so long and yet so fast at the same time. 

What I'm Nervous About?

     Some days I wonder how I'll manage three children three years old and under. I know we'll find our new groove in time though, just as we have previously. 

How Am I Preparing?
     We've made a couple freezer meals here and there, but we're not even close to the number we had wanted to have on hand. At this point, though, our focus has shifted away from cooking and more towards having all the other little things ready. Things like, his bed assembled and bedding washed. The K'Tan and Ergo carriers washed. Clothing, receiving blankets, and burp clothes washed and put away (although I still don't have a place to put his things yet. Eventually I'll get Annelise's dresser fixed up so Huxley can use the clothing bins she's currently using, or else we'll just make the best of what's available.). I did get the pump set up and all the accessories for that are ready to go. 
  
     I made a big Target trip last weekend to pick up a few remaining items for the baby and/or delivery as well as some household stock-up items. The cashier noticed my cart and belly and asked if I was getting ready to "pop." The answer was a definite "yes." haha. (Then, she asked if we were done after this baby, which was rather awkward. You can never be too sure how that question is going to go. haha)

       I still have quite a few items left to take care of. Bottles and pacifiers still need to be cleaned and sanitized. My hospital bag is semi-packed thus far. The children's bag is also semi-packed. We still need to do more rearranging of the carseats to get three to fit across the seat. If the infant seat doesn't fit with the other two seats, then I'll need to order and install a new carseat a.s.a.p. 

     In some ways I feel like we're ready any time, but in other ways I feel like I'm so unprepared. I'm trying to get tasks accomplished little by little as I can, and hopefully they'll all get accomplished in time. I know it will all work out i the end. It has the last two times after all, and I certainly wasn't this prepared then! haha

Other News/Thoughts?
     The next full moon is to be on Feb. 10th, and so David has predicted that's when Huxley will arrive. There is some truth about more babies being born during a full moon. We'll see if that holds true for us! (I'm kind of hoping for sooner than later, though! haha)

    For some strange reason we've had several family members ask us when we were going to schedule his delivery. The plan is to continue to wait on him to decide when to arrive, and then go in for a repeat VBAC.

     I really like that my OB has a more hands-off approach and prefers not to rush things. She's even okay with me being able to labor unrestricted of the bed! I'll have the option of walking, using a birthing ball, and showering for up to 15 minutes off the monitor (time is limited because of the risks associated with a VBAC). I'm so very glad to be able to have the opportunity to move and manage labor a little more on my own this time!

      I'm trying to not get my hopes up for finally getting to have that more hands-off, minimal interventions delivery, but I know very well from past experiences that absolutely anything can happen. In the end, the most important objective is simply healthy and safe mama and baby. 


We're ready when you are, Huxley! (Actually, Mama may be more ready. haha!)
 
38 weeks completed! How many more to go? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...