Friday, November 11, 2016

Baby 3 Pregnancy Journal: Week 26!

This baby deep inside me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy

How Far Along? 26 weeks! Only (up to) 14 more weeks to go! It's going to go amazingly fast now with the upcoming holiday and birthday months (November- Thanksgiving, December- Christmas, January- 3/4 of us have birthdays). 

"this week, her eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light (or hears a loud noise) near your belly you may notice an increase in fetal activity. ... What accounts for that response? Her brain is more developed and sophisticated." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Baby Size? Baby boy is measuring exactly 26 weeks.  

"now weights a full two pounds and measures nine-plus inches." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Gender? It's a BOY! Huxley Nathaniel R. 

Weight Gain? (This is for my own record since I started out rather underweight). I've gained a total of 19 pounds so far.  I'm actually at the weight I was when Tennyson was born, which is remarkable to think of just how little we both were then. Things have changed a bit now that we're on baby #3!

Belly? I'm feeling as though it's rather prominent for just 26 weeks along! The large gap between my abs from three babies in three years is showing itself in this pregnancy. And to think we still have up to 14 weeks left! 

Sleep? I'm not even sure what to say for this one because sleep is very hard to come by. So many nights I'm missing deep sleep and, instead, dream all night. I've noticed there being a correlation between the number of times the children wake and the amount of dreaming and light sleep I get. It's simply part of the territory of having closely spaced children. I'm very grateful that David has always gotten up with the other child(ren) during each pregnancy so I can at least remain in bed. I keep telling myself that in just a few years, they'll all be sleeping through the night and this time will seem but a blink.

Symptoms? This is the first time I've dealt with varicose veins, and it's ranking at the top of my dislike list. (The level of sickness I had in my first pregnancy will always remain in the top spot). By evening, I'm ready to sit and prop my leg up. David helps out a lot with the children and around the house in the evenings and weekends so I can have some opportunities for rest. 

Clothing? I recently placed orders for more clothing items. I had in mind what pieces I could mix and match and then shopped around for those pieces. It's just nice to feel a little bit more put together during this season!

Movement? We've neglected our stroller walks lately, but are getting back into the routine a bit more. 

Baby Movement? Mr. Huxley is quite the wiggly little guy! There have been days in which he has moved all day long, and by the end of the day I feel as if my ab muscles are in a sustained crunch as they resist relaxing. Haha. But, on the bright side all those kicks and wiggles are comforting to know he's okay in there! 

Food Adversions? None. I'm a bottomless pit. haha

Food Cravings? I still love all juicy fruits. I have wanted real smoothies this entire pregnancy. I've also developed quite the sweet tooth lately. Yikes!

What I Miss? I would still love to have an extra cup of coffee some days. (I limit myself to just one a day)

What I'm Nervious About?
    I'm still nervous about childcare for the other children. We still don't have a plan in place for them during delivery. (yikes- only up to 14 weeks!)

    I've also been increasingly nervous about delivery. Although I have been through this twice before, neither instance went very smoothly. There are many possibilities, but I have a feeling we'll end up with a c-section as deliveries are kept rather low-risk here. (Annelise's delivery was a VBAC induction only 17 months post c-section and we ran into several complications. They won't touch a VBAC induction here and if there is any trouble with the VBAC itself we'll very quickly move to a c-section.). I'm trying to prepare myself for... well, who knows what will happen. hah. That moment is going to be here very soon though. 

How Am I Preparing for Baby?
     The time has come for some serious meal prep to be done! We're three months out, and so nearly everything is appropriate to be frozen for that time span. We're going to aim to prepare one freezer dinner and one freezer breakfast each weekend. We also intend to stock the pantry with some meals (boxes of spaghetti noodles, sauce, cereal etc). At some point it will probably be a good idea to go ahead and plan a few menus in advance for that time. Beyond food, a few household items stocked up would be nice as well (ex. laundry soap, dish soap, toothpaste etc). The intention here is to try to lessen trip to the store or time/energy required for cooking meals as we adjust to two toddlers and a newborn. That's the intention, at least. The execution of that plan will likely require a lot of flexibility as getting so much accomplished with little ones can be a challenge. hehe

    My list of items needed is still sitting on Amazon. We don't need a lot, but what we do need will be expensive (like two additional carseats. yikes!). I've got to get a move on in getting those items. I certainly don't want to end up in the same situation we were in the first time in having a baby arrive and yet having absolutely nothing for him. haha

In Other News?
     Huxley was kicking one night and we called Tennyson over to feel. He laid a hand on my belly, looked up with his "surprise face," and said "Baby Huxley's kicking me!" We got some adorable pictures of that moment that I will always love. He will occasionally say when he's simply nearby me, which is cute. I hope he's as excited when Huxley arrives!
     Annelise will point and indicate "baby," but I don't think she has any idea what that will mean come three months from now. She is fascinated by other babies she sees. However, those babies aren't going to be taking her place as the "baby of the family" and getting all Mama's attention. I suspect she will have a tough time adjusting when the time comes. I think having big brother to play with will help though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...