Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Baby 3 Pregnancy Journal: 20 Weeks!

This baby deep inside me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony." - Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How Far Along? 20 weeks! Halfway there! Unbelievable to think that in just 20 more weeks we'll have three children (37 months and under!). 

Baby Size? "size of a small cantaloupe ... about 10 ounces and 6 1/2 inches (crown to rump)" -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th ed. 

Gender? It's a BOY! Tennyson is beginning to understand that there's "baby brother in Mommy's belly." He'll say "Huxley" when prompted. I don't think Annelise has any idea just yet. haha

Weight Gain? I've forgotten since the last appointment! Whoops!

Belly? Belly is getting bigger! I absolutely love this baby belly of mine! (I recently had several say I was barely showing. I'm thinking that was a little heavy attempt at flattery because I definitely feel like I'm showing. hahaha)

Sleep? Oh goodness. Sleep is gained only after several completely restless nights. My body seems to simply demand it at that point and I can sleep through anything. But, then the next several nights will be so restless and I feel just rotten the next day. Maintaining composure with little to no rest and pregnancy hormones has been a challenge to say the least (and it regrettably hasn't always happened). 

Symptoms? This pregnancy is definitely taking a greater toll on my body than the previous two. Then again, it is the third pregnancy in just three years. Migraines are still an issue. Fitful sleep is also still an issue. I'm also experiencing an increasing issue with my legs as painful varicose vein and muscle cramps have become common. As much as I prefer to remain active and busy with caring for our home and children, I'm learning that sitting and resting is very beneficial. I'm having to lean more on David so those opportunities are possible. I don't want to push myself to the point of causing greater problems later (especially since I have a 2/3 probability of preterm delivery). 

Clothing: After standing in the closet staring at my tiny collection of ill-fitting tops and tops that required a layering shirt and finding none appropriate for the day's activities, I decided to sit down at the computer and order some new pieces. Fortunately, when I logged onto ThredUp I discovered a balance in my account! Whoo hoo! Unfortunately, only one item from the entire order fit. Such is the way it goes in ordering from ThredUp. I suppose I'll do a little more shopping. haha

Movement? The leg issue has prompted me to begin going for a daily walk around the neighborhood. Some days the children and I will go out in the mornings with the stroller. Other days, we'll wait until David can join us in the evenings. It's a much nicer experience now that the temperature is at least in the 80s. My goal is simply a balance between propping my feet up for rest and getting them moving for circulation. 20 weeks into this pregnancy- the time has come. 

Baby Movement? He moves, but doesn't do any wild acrobatics. His position and movement reminds me a lot of my pregnancy with Tennyson. Both boys seemed to be fixed in one position and will only on occasion swing one end of his body up to a transverse position. Huxley is nearly always in the same position, which is often evident on the outside. (It's worth noting that both boys have been in the same "horn"). The full anatomy scan is in four weeks, and I'm very curious to learn his position and surrounding environment. I could be wrong, but I have a sneaky suspicion that we're encountering a duplicate experience. The similarities are striking, but, again, I could be wrong. 

Food Adversions? None. I like pretty much everything!

Food Cravings? I still love all things sweet and salty! Yum!

What I miss? Sleep and less aches and pains. haha

What I'm Excited About? Despite the unpleasant symptoms, I'm excited to be pregnant yet again. It's a thrilling experience that only occurs a few times in life. I really enjoy the belly getting bigger and browsing through those sweet new baby clothes.

(I'm also excited that the nurse at the office here is awesome at giving shots. So far, no golfball size knot, no deep purple brusing, no burning pain or pain running down my leg like last time. Phew! I think I can handle this medication if it's like that, even if it is via an injection.( ...When this is something that becomes part of life for 20 weeks and was so awful last time, you get excited over good administration! haha)

What I'm Nervous About?
    I'm still rather concerned about having childcare for my other two children whether for appointments, emergencies, or delivery. Simply finding an arrangement so that I can attend appointments (every week with the RN, every four weeks with the OB, and now moved up to every six weeks with the MFM) has been a challenge. David has been doing everything he can at work to create space enough for him to come and watch the children while I go currently. It's not a great solution, and, again, I worry about the case of an emergency or delivery in just a few months. Always a prayer.

How Am I Preparing for Baby? We haven't done much of anything specific within the last two weeks. We have added to our list of freezer meals to make. We also worked more extensively on teaching Tennyson and Annelise to sleep independently (ie without us needing to stay in the room until asleep), which will play a role later in us being able to manage bedtime with three children. We also have intentions to begin far greater effort towards teaching them to play independently in their rooms for a certain amount of time each day, and, again, this will later aid in being able to manage three very young children. So, I suppose we've not necessarily been preparing in physical or material ways, but in ways that will allow us all to function well with three so young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...