Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Baby 3 Pregnancy Journal: 18 Weeks!

(18 weeks as of 9/13/16)
This baby deep inside me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony." -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How Far Along? 18 weeks

"baby is filling out nicely and getting large enough that you might even be feeling those twists, rolls, kicks, and punches he or she is perfecting. Another set of skills your baby is mastering now is yawning and hiccupping ... And your one-of-a-kind baby is truly one of a kind now, complete with unique fingerprints on his or her fingertips and toes." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Baby Size? "5 1/2 inches long and about 5 ounces in weight." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Gender? It's a BOY! His name will be Huxley Nathaniel R. It's been so fun to begin referring to his things and using his name!

Weight Gain? Total gained has been 8lbs. so far. 

Belly? The belly is getting to the point where it's pretty obvious but not so obvious that it's "safe" to ask. I can usually tell when someone has those curious eyes. haha

     I did have one lady at church ask me last week. She said the belly button gave it away most. She's had four closely-spaced children, and knows that sign well. haha. 

Sleep? Yikes. Sleep is still so hard fought. So many nights are spend restlessly dreaming. This is the first pregnancy in which I've had so much vivid (and sometimes disturbing) dreams. 
     I've had to make a much greater effort to going to bed as soon as possible to maximize rest. David has been wonderful in finishing the kitchen cleaning and tidying up the house before he comes to bed so that I can get that headstart. 

Symptoms? The migraine headaches are still problematic. My OB suggested I try drinking a cup of a caffeinated beverage since that's the key ingredient to over the counter migraine medications. It hasn't eliminated the headaches and their symptoms but did take a bit of the edge off. I have found that rest and water make a difference. So, my remedies have included a cup of coffee, laying down if David is available to care for the children and home for me, and drinking lots and lots of water. It's not a total solution, but the best I know of currently. Crazy how every pregnancy can be so very different! 

Clothes? Still wearing the same four maternity shirts and two maternity pants. As much as I enjoy clothing and the creativity of styling clothing, I also hate shopping and spending money. I will eventually need to expand my wardrobe. I'm just being stubborn currently. haha!

Movement? I'm keeping up with a household, two young children, and so many appointments...good enough! haha. 

Baby Movement? My OB asked if I had begun to feel some flutters. I held back from laughing because I've been feeling this little guy for the past four weeks! One advantage of being my natural size is the ability to feel baby movements very early. I love feeling each and every squirm and kick! So very, very grateful to do so this one last time. 

Food Adversions? Not particularly! I'm loving food! haha

Food Cravings? Juicy fruits! I love citrus fruits, especially pineapple. I also enjoy salty things like pretzels. (Just like I did in my first pregnancy with a boy!)

What I Miss? Dreamless nights. Seriously, killing so many nights' rest. 

What I'm Excited About? I'm excited to get to experience pregnancy again. (Though, some aspects have been rather unpleasant). So many days I think of this little one being with his siblings. I watch Tennyson and Annelise play together and see their little friendship forming. What a treasure all three of them will have to have one another in life. Makes my Mama heart so full!

What I'm Nervous About? My Mama hands are already equally as full as my heart. I worry at times about how to manage yet another person who is fully dependent upon me. It can be a lot in a day's work. 

I'm also nervous about beginning injections soon. 20 weeks of pain is not exactly a nice view. However, the only way is through. Like it or not, this is what must be done. Perhaps a little sweet and salty chocolate treat after each appointment. haha

How I Am Preparing for Baby?

     We started to prepare meals for the freezer, but then read that 5-6 months in the freezer may lessen the quality of meals. So, what we decided to do was add two breakfast freezer-friendly meals and two dinner freezer-friendly meals to our weekly menu plan, but not freeze them. We're making them to determine if we like them, and then compiling a list. Probably the beginning of the new year, we'll take that list and do large batch freezer cooking on the weekends. 
     Other preparations have been the start of replacing our carseats. We chose to not upgrade our vehicle to accommodate another passenger, but, instead, continue our debt snowball to payoff and purchase three carseats specifically designed to fit three across a row. We chose the Diono Radian RXT. We'll eventually get a van for more space, but for now...squeeze in everyone! haha

1 comment:

  1. You look so good! The dreaming issue sounds awful, I hope it passes soon and you can get some good rest. My good friend also had horrible migraines and found that the only thing that helped her was magnesium supplements. Not sure if you are already taking them (my midwives have me taking calcium magnesium anyway), but might be worth a try. So sorry you are dealing with that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...