Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Baby #3 Pregnancy Journal: 16 Weeks!

(Actually 17 weeks in this photo)
This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now part of my life, my testimony." -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How Far Along? 16 weeks!

"The bones that are now in place in his ears means he can probably hear your voice. ...thanks to his developing facial muscles, your baby is capable of making a few expressive frowns and squints, even at this early stage. ... And his eyes are finally working, making small side-to-side movements and perceiving light (although the eyelids are still sealed)."- What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition*

Baby size? "three to five ounces, and he's four to five inches in length"- What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition*

Gender? It's a BOY! His name will be Huxley Nathaniel R. It's nice to be able to give "baby #3" an identity now! We are so excited to add a little boy to our family!

Weight Gain?  I've gained 6 lbs. total so far.  

Belly? Oh yes. Baby #3 is making his or her presence known already! I love baby bellies, though, and think they're beautiful. I'm very grateful to wear one this one last time!

Sleep? I've already entered that "just can't sleep" phase. I find it difficult to maintain a comfortable position most nights. I've also had some crazy dreams in this pregnancy. Most days include me falling asleep in Tennyson's floor as he's falling asleep. haha

Symptoms? My biggest symptom is still exhaustion. Restless nights plus two toddlers and daily housework are also contributors. haha
      A new bizarre symptom I've had with this pregnancy has been frequent migraines with numbness. Sometimes I'll not sense the headache but will still have a sudden onset of facial numbness. I brought this up with my MFM, and he said he sees it daily it's completely benign. I have never heard of such a symptom. Glad it's inconsequential (though highly annoying). 

Clothes? Maternity clothing! I've debated whether to wear the same four shirts and two pants all pregnancy or purchase new clothes. I hate to spend money on items that will only be used for a short amount of time. At the same time, not feeling like a frumpy pregnant housewife is also important to me. So, I'll probably be very strategic in planning and purchasing pieces that I can mix and match so that I can get the most outfits for the least amount of purchases. 
     (You'd think that I'd have an abundance of maternity clothing since this is #3. However, I've been at different stages and in different seasons (and states) for all of them! haha)

Movement? I do my best to keep up with the housework, a two year old, and a one year old.... who needs a gym?! haha! 
     I would like to do more walking, but it's so hot and the mosquitoes swarm so fast. Bummer. I'd love to find a prenatal yoga video or app. as I feel like stretching would be of greatest benefit. However, I'm having trouble finding something for a beginner level and that doesn't take a lot of time.

Baby Movement? I can occasionally feel this little one kicking and wiggling. I still love to stop and place my hand to feel him moving. I absolutely love all those little movements before he/she gets big enough for them to be uncomfortable. 
        Kind of funny the difference from first (or second even) pregnancy and this one. In the previous pregnancies I would absolutely panic over not feeling movements. I've been much more relaxed about it this time. haha 

Food Adversions? Not much. I'm loving food! haha

Food Cravings? Pineapple! I've also thoroughly enjoyed salty snacks like chips and salsa. Salty has been my preference for the most part. Although, occasionally I've enjoyed something sweet. 

What I Miss? Sleep would be nice, but there hasn't been much of that anyways in the last 3 years. haha. Not really "missing" anything. 

What I'm Excited About?  I really didn't believe we'd attempt to have another biological child. I am so, very, very grateful that God has given us this child. I'm really soaking in the moments of this last pregnancy. 

What I'm Nervous About?  I still have concerns for what we'll do if I am "out of commission" for an extended time (via bed rest, hospitalization, csection etc). We don't have resources for childcare or anyone that could assist in household tasks. Even finding childcare for the children so that I can attend frequent prenatal appointments has been a challenge, and thus far has required David to take off work each time. I'm trying to remind myself that God has gifted us with this child and placed us where we are in life, and he will provide. 

      Of course, I'm very nervous about beginning the injections soon. Those things brought me to tears nearly every time last pregnancy. I'm dreading it. But, then I see photos or stories shared about micropreemies, and I'm able to push through because, honestly, those cases scare me. Our preemie situation was difficult enough. If I can just keep that thought in mind and push through these next 20 weeks of injections one last time. 

How Am I Preparing for Baby?
    We're starting to compile a list of breakfasts and dinner meals for the freezer. We've plugged our deep freezer in and are ready to fill it up! (I'm still really bad at freezer meals though! yikes!)
     I've also begun compiling a list of items we'll need. Things like an additional seat at the dining table, an extra car seat, replacement pump parts and storage bags etc. I'd also like to get a floor gym this time. I think one of those would help us have more successful tummy time and independent play (two areas my children have never enjoyed). Whenever he's ready to move out of our bedroom and into the "boys' room" we'll need to purchase another bed for Tennyson and then the toddler bed will get passed down to Annelise and her crib passed down to Huxley. That's not an immediate need though. The most pressing is the need to replace all carseats so that we can fit three seats across in our current vehicle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...