Friday, August 19, 2016

Baby 3 Pregnancy Journal: 14 Weeks!

Miss Annelise decided to join me in the picture. haha
This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now part of my life, my testimony." -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How Far Along? 14 weeks
"more fluid-like in his movements ... Other developments this week include a roof of his own (inside his mouth, that is) as well as intestinal activity: His intestines are producing meconium ... He is also sporting a downy coat of hair (lanugo) that keeps him nice and warm." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Baby Size? "the size of your clenched fist." -What to Expect When Your Expecting, 4th Edition

Gender? We'll find out next month! (I'm kind of leaning towards a boy, but the "gut feeling" isn't as strong with this one.)

Weight Gain?  I've gained 4.5 lbs. since the last appointment weigh-in (at 10 weeks). 

Belly? Oh yes. Baby #3 is making his or her presence known already! I love baby bellies, though, and think they're beautiful. I'm very grateful to wear one one last time!

Sleep? I've already entered that "just can't sleep" phase. During the first trimester, I slept so soundly. Now that the belly is getting a bit bigger and he/she is quite wiggly, I find it difficult to rest very well. 

Symptoms? My biggest symptom so far has been exhaustion. I'm finding it so hard to keep up with maintaining our home and the children. I feel like I'm struggling with exhaustion more in this pregnancy than the previous two. However, the difference probably lies more so in the fact that there are more people and tasks for me to care for in a day than I had during my previous two pregnancies. David has been helping me a lot by tidying up the kitchen at night so I can get to bed earlier. 

Clothes? Maternity clothing! It's too hot here to wear anything remotely tight or stiff. I'm eager to take advantage of some of the end of summer sales to find some cooler pieces, since the temperatures will still be rather warm for quite a while longer here. 
      I'm in that awkward time of regular clothes being too tight, but maternity being too loose. I wear the maternity clothes anyways for comfort. Knits are my favorite! 

Movement? I do my best to keep up with the housework, a two year old, and a one year old.... who needs a gym?! haha! 
     I would like to do more walking, but it's so hot and the mosquitoes swarm so fast. Bummer. Perhaps a prenatal yoga video or app. Stretching and an indoor activity would be nice. 

Baby Movement? I can already feel him/her wiggling around! I'm always able to feel my babies early, and love it. I can enjoy all those little movements before he/she gets big enough for them to be uncomfortable. (This little one, even as small as he/she is, is an expert at knowing exactly how to send me running for a bathroom break. haha)

Food Adversions? Not much. I'm loving food! haha

Food Cravings? Pineapple! I've also thoroughly enjoyed salty snacks like chips and salsa. Salty has been my preference for the most part. Although, occasionally I've enjoyed something sweet. 

What I Miss? Sleep would be nice, but there hasn't been much of that anyways in the last 3 years. haha. Not really "missing" anything. 

What I'm Excited About?  I really didn't believe we'd attempt to have another biological child. I am so, very, very grateful that God has given us this child. I'm really soaking in the moments of this last pregnancy. 

What I'm Nervous About? Some days I'm nervous about quite a few things (upcoming weekly medication injections that brought me to tears last time, another complicated delivery, managing three children at 37 months old, 20 months old and newborn, finding balance and rest in my own life so that I'm thriving more than just surviving etc). However, I try to pray on those concerns and focus on today alone. I'll cross those other bridges when I get there. I wondered how I was going to manage two children 17 months apart in age, and here I am doing it, right? 

How Am I Preparing for Baby?
    I've begun thinking of meals I can either make ahead or freeze for after baby arrives. This time, I want to have plenty of meals prepared for ourselves and family members that will come to stay. Cooking, cleaning, and caring for extra people didn't allow me the rest or recovery that I needed following my last delivery. I hope to try to at least have meals prepared in advance so that that will be one less area to have to be completed. The only problem is I'm terribly clueless about meals that work well in the freezer or prepared in large quantities in advance! (Suggestions welcome! :) )

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! Love this photo with your little girlie in it too. Breakfast burritos are the best freezer meal! They are a quick protein fix for after baby is born when you are dying for something to eat but too busy to even think about what to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I thought it was adorable how she was grinning for the photo too. haha. Breakfast burritos are on my list! Yum! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...