Sunday, February 7, 2016

Homemaking Challenge #1

Image used with permission per Creative Commons Attributes License.
Copyright belongs to "..Stiina.." Alterations to original image include the addition of
background, dash/line overlay, and text to the right side.
 
The goal is to complete each task consecutively for an entire week before moving on to the next week. If it takes more than a week to accomplish it, then allow yourself the extra time. The purpose is to accomplish each challenge, regardless of the time required. 

1. Rise and start day by 5:00-5:30 a.m. each morning.

    Ideally my day would start by 5:00 a.m. This time allows our wakings to be stepwise with me waking at 5:00 a.m., Annelise waking at 6:00 a.m., and Tennyson waking at 7:00 a.m. Within this framework, everyone is permitted a little time to self, and time to adjust to or prepare for the new day. There is a drastic difference to how well conducted our day is (and I am personally) when I rise and begin before the rest of the family.

     However, waking at 5:00 a.m. requires me to be in bed and falling asleep by 9:00 p.m. This isn't feasible many nights as it takes just a little longer to fully conclude one day, prepare for the next, and have some time for just my husband and I to be together. I also have a baby who doesn't sleep through the night just yet, and so lose sleep there as well. So, the 5:00 a.m. ideal needs to be extended to 5:30 a.m. on certain occasions. Both rest and rising early are very important, and so the goal is to achieve a balance that is feasible for each person. For me that means rising between 5:00-5:30 a.m.

     To achieve this goal, I suggest a stepwise approach. 
1) Get to bed as early as possible. Certainly no later than 10:00 p.m.
2) Set the alarm earlier each day by 10 minutes. So, if I've been getting up at 6:00 a.m., then the next day I'll set the alarm for 5:50 a.m. The next day will be set for 5:40 a.m. ect. 
3) Continue rising at the desired time for an entire week, and it will become second-nature. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...