Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Baby 2 Pregnancy Journal: Week 38!

Whoops. Same shirt two photos in a row. hah
This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How far along: 38 weeks!
    
"With only two (or four, max) weeks left in utero, all systems are (almost) go. To finish getting ready ... baby has a few last-minute details to take care of, like shedding that skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. And producing more surfactant, which will prevent the air sacs in the lungs from sticking to each other when your baby begins to breathe -- something he or she will be doing very soon."-What To Expect When You're Expecting, Fourth Edition

Baby size:  
"Hitting the growth charts at close to 7 pounds and the 20-inch mark (give or take an inch or two)" -What To Expect When You're Expecting, Fourth Edition

Gender: Girl!

Belly: Oh, this belly! She has continued to drop, and is in a super low position. I've actually had a couple of random people comment about how low I'm carrying and that it won't be long. haha. I hope so!

Sleep: Sleep just doesn't happen anymore. I'm so uncomfortable at night that I'm up all night long. I typically get up every hour or two to walk the hallway to move a bit. Some nights have ended with me sleeping on the couch downstairs. I need a daytime nap to be fully present and productive in the day.

Clothes: Most of my shirts are now too short and leave a portion of the band of my maternity pants visible. At this point, I don't even care. haha.

     I recently purchased some new warmer weather nightgowns, and they are fabulous. I look forward to changing into them each evening. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy them even more post-delivery.

Movement: Waddle, waddle, waddle!

     Now that the weather is gorgeous, Tennyson and I take a walk (he rides in the stroller) around the neighborhood each day. It's a short walk, but I am enjoying every step of it. I love being outside in this amazing springtime weather. It will definitely be so nice to be able to get out with both kids in the coming months!

  Though, I think my greatest exercise comes in the form of being Mama to a toddler and keeping the house tidy! It can be rather tough to keep up at times! haha.

Baby Movement- She is quite the active little one still! She's remained head down and her feet are up towards my ribs on the right side. She'll sometimes move them over towards the left. Sometimes she'll move entirely (not my favorite at all). My OB reminds me about kick counts and labor signs at each appointment. I've yet to even have to do specific kick counts because she moves and kicks so much that she without a doubt exceeds that number. haha.  

Food aversions: I don't think there are any anymore. Anything and everything sounds and tastes fantastic.

Food cravings: My previously immense appetite as slowed down a bit. I don't know if the reason is space or just that I'm so physically fatigued at this point. I have enjoyed lots of fruit lately though. I always enjoy summertime fruit- strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe etc. Mmm! Of course, the occasional ice cream has also been a delight.

Symptoms: Reflux is raging. I don't even always have to have eaten something to trigger it. Often times, just bending over makes me a fire-breathing Mama. haha.

What I'm excited about: I'm so excited for her to be here with us! My excitement may even be clouding any anxiety or nervousness of delivery. My focus is entirely on her and the joy I have for her to be here as a part of our family! 

In Other News: 
     I'm ready for her to be here. 38 weeks...we're close enough, Annelise. Let's go! haha!

    She being positioned so low has revealed a new side of pregnancy. Discomfort is immense. I've also had some days of Braxton Hicks contractions. The level of discomfort and "practice" contractions have had us on edge thinking the time has come. But, then it all dissipates and another day comes. Phew. Considering that we've been waiting day by day for the last five weeks, it almost feels like she's never going to come. Maybe tomorrow. Haha.

     The anticipation has been good in that we've been much better about keeping the housework caught up and other preparations done. Our goal is to be able to quickly make phone calls for Tennyson's care, toss last minute items in our bags and get on the road as soon as possible. We have about an hour drive to get to the hospital. Tennyson's labor went rather fast, and we probably should have arrived at the hospital much sooner. We're not wanting a repeat of that frantic drive. Haha

     In the meanwhile, the extra time has given me opportunity to have as much ready for her arrival as possible. I'm way more prepared this second time around (lesson learned well!). I took a moment this week to switch out the clothes in the closet. We had purchased preemie clothes and things in anticipation that she could arrive as early as Tennyson did. She did not, so those items will now get packed away for later use or donation. I left out some of the bigger preemie outfits just in case she is still on the smaller side (that's our guess currently). Otherwise, the closet now contains newborn sizes. Hard to believe I had to pack up the preemie clothes and prepare the newborn sizes!

     I also finished getting some gear that's been on my list for her. For instance, we picked up another highchair. I really like that it accommodates a newborn, infant and toddler and saves space by attaching to the chair. I really enjoy having the children join us at the table for meals from the very beginning. I also purchased a bigger diaper bag. This is actually the first actual diaper bag I've had. I picked up the other bags at consignment and have made do with it. I'm already enjoying the better quality and space the new bag offers. Last, our new double stroller arrived today! It's a beast, but what double stroller isn't. It will be really nice to have whenever I'm out and about with both of them (this Mama isn't about to try to hold a baby and chase a toddler!). The interesting part will be me lifting it in and out of the car. haha!

We're ready when you are, Annelise! (Actually, Mama may be more ready. haha!)
 
38 weeks completed! How many more to go? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...