Monday, May 11, 2015

Our Favorite Breakfast Meals

  
 
Of course, Mama's cup is preferable to his own!
   Breakfast is my favorite meal occasion. I like to try to have a good, balanced start for our days. I also like to keep things rather simple for myself. I don't cook every morning or make everything homemade. I also have a rotating set of breakfast meal options that I choose from when menu planning each week. My goal is to have a protein, grain and fruit for each breakfast meal. For the most part, Tennyson eats exactly what I do. There are some things, though, that require an extra step or two to make them easier for him (and I've noted those instances to the side of the options below). David joins us for breakfast on the weekends, and we have whatever he'd like (and that's usually when we might have breakfast meats like bacon or sausage). It's nice to know that we always have a healthy and balanced breakfast each day without an excessive amount of my time or energy spent cooking and cleaning it!

A Few of Our Favorites:
    *yogurt with strawberries, cereal with milk (Tennyson isn't quite proficient enough with a spoon for either of these. Therefore, I make a "smoothie" by blending the yogurt and fruit. Then, I thin it with water so that it will go through the straw of his cup. He eats the cereal dry.)

     *whole wheat pancakes with (homemade) strawberry syrup, milk (pancakes can be frozen for later convenience)

     *yogurt with granola, grapefruit, whole wheat bagel with cream cheese (I blend or leave out the granola for Tennyson)

     *oatmeal, banana, milk (I dice the banana and mix it in Tennyson's oatmeal. Until he's more proficient with a spoon, his oatmeal is made to be of a thicker consistency so that he can easily pick it up and feed himself. )

     *egg-in-a-hole, orange, milk (I cook Tennyson's egg completely)

     *scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, grapefruit, milk

     *yogurt with strawberries, cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese  (For Tennyson, I make a "smoothie" by blending the yogurt and fruit. Then, I thin it with water so that it will go through the straw of his cup)

     *yogurt with blueberries, cereal with milk (Tennyson isn't quite proficient enough with a spoon for either of these. Therefore, I make a "smoothie" by blending the yogurt and fruit. Then, I thin it with water so that it will go through the straw of his cup. He eats the cereal dry.)

     *scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, orange juice (fresh squeezed)

     *oatmeal with apples and cinnamon, blueberry muffin, orange juice (fresh squeezed), milk (muffins can be frozen for later convenience)

     *whole wheat banana pancakes topped with peanut butter, milk (sometimes we'll do frozen multi-grain waffles topped with banana and peanut butter)


1 comment:

  1. Your breakfasts sound delicious! I can't function properly thru my day unless I have a good breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...