Thursday, May 21, 2015

Baby 2 Pregnancy Journal: Week 36!

This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How far along: 36 weeks!
     I'm still in disbelief we've made it this far! One more week and we'll be considered full term. No preemie situation. No NICU. She can stay in my room and then go home with us. It was a long, hard road to get to this point, but I'm so glad we're here.
"Right now, most of the baby's systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are just about equipped for life on the outside. Though the digestive system is ready to roll, too, it hasn't really gotten a work out yet." -What To Expect When You're Expecting, Fourth Edition
Baby size:  
"Weighing about 6 pounds and measuring somewhere around 20 inches tall." -What To Expect When You're Expecting, Fourth EditionGender: Girl!

Belly: Oh, this belly! It, and I, feel huge! Can it possibly stretch any more?! When I sit, it sits on my lap. haha.

A nurse had a funny "foot in mouth" moment at my last appointment. She had commented on how I carry. (I don't gain or show anywhere except my belly. It's like a big ball sitting there! haha). She then told of how her sister in law carried the same way and it looked so weird. Then, she realized her error. Whoops! I'm not self-conscious about my pregnancy belly and/or weight, so I just had a good laugh about it.


Sleep: Sleep just doesn't happen anymore. I'm so uncomfortable and my hips ache so bad at night that I'm up all night long. I typically get up every hour or two to walk the hallway to move a bit. I need a daytime nap to be fully present and productive in the day.


Clothes: I'm going to wear my last pair of maternity pants out by the time she arrives. They are all I have left because I've out grown the rest of them! But even they are getting tight. Shirts are in a similar situation. Many of them are getting too short. (It's hard to see in the picture above but this shirt is like most in that it leaves the band portion of the pants exposed.). Goodness! Haha!

Movement: Waddle, waddle, waddle!

     Now that the weather is gorgeous, Tennyson and I take a walk (he rides in the stroller) around the neighborhood each day. It's a short walk, but I am enjoying every step of it. I love being outside in this amazing springtime weather. It will definitely be so nice to be able to get out with both kids in the coming months!

  Though, I think my greatest exercise comes in the form of being Mama to a toddler and keeping the house tidy! It can be rather tough to keep up at times! haha.

Baby Movement- She is quite the active little one still! She's remained head down and her feet are up towards my ribs on the right side. She'll sometimes move them over towards the left. Sometimes she'll move entirely (not my favorite at all). My OB reminds me about kick counts and labor signs at each appointment. I've yet to even have to do specific kick counts because she moves and kicks so much that she without a doubt exceeds that number. haha.  

    She's also been getting the hiccups more and more.

Food aversions: I don't think there are any anymore. Anything and everything sounds and tastes fantastic.

Food cravings: Absolutely everything! I'm always hungry and always eating something. I feel like I could just insert my own name into Tennyson's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar!

     "The very hungry Mama... and she was still hungry!" haha

Symptoms: Reflux is raging. I don't even always have to have eaten something to trigger it. Often times, just bending over makes me a fire-breathing Mama. haha.

What I'm excited about: I'm so excited for her to be here with us! My excitement may even be clouding any anxiety or nervousness of delivery. My focus is entirely on her and the joy I have for her to be here as a part of our family! 

     I've debated delivery options for quite a while: scheduled C-section or VBAC. Both have risks. On the positives, a C-section would allow us to have more planned arrangements for Tennyson's care. (I'm really nervous about him staying with someone else especially at night). I also know exactly what to expect from a C-section. A VBAC, however, would decrease my recovery time tremendously. It would be great to be able to be the kind of Mama and keep the house the way I'm used to doing. Plus, I would at least like to try a non-surgical delivery if given the opportunity.

    I expressed my great debate with my doctor recently and he reassured me that I could make the choice at any point and change my mind at any point. If I decide to do a C-section then it would be scheduled at 39 weeks. If I decide to do a VBAC, then we'll wait until labor. If I change my mind and want to do a C-section, then they'll switch gears and we'll do that. It's really nice to know that I don't have to make that decision too far in advance and that I always have other options available.

     Since she's still head down and everything looks good, my current choice is to go for a VBAC. However, I'm remaining very open to the possibility of needing a C-section. I'm accepting and at peace with either option. (A stark contrast to my all-natural only approach to my first pregnancy and delivery. I was so unprepared for a C-section then!). We shall see what happens when it happens :)

In Other News: 
     I'm ready for her to be here. 36 weeks...we're close enough, Annelise. Let's go! haha!

36 weeks completed! How many more to go? :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting to 36 weeks! I was just thinking about you today and wondering if the little one had arrived. SOOOO happy to hear she is safe and growing inside, although I know that the last month of pregnancy is a whole new beast. They have a meme that says something like "a month has about 30 days, except the last month of pregnancy which has 30,000". I went 12 days past my due date with Victoria and I remember how uncomfortable it was at the end. Those Bradley exercises really helped me in the end, especially the one where you get down on all fours and wag your hips to get the baby out of your pelvis. That was the only relief I ever got. I highly suggest ebay for another size up in maternity pants. I outgrew everything by the end. It was a little comical

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...