Monday, May 4, 2015

Baby 2 Pregnancy Journal: Week 34!


This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How far along: 34 weeks! We've officially made it past the delivery date of my first pregnancy! Whoo hoo! We're in all new territory now! It's hard to believe she will be here within 41 days! 41 days! Ah, I'm so excited to meet her!


"those tiny little fingernails have probably reached the tip of his or her fingers by this week-What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Baby size:  "Your baby could be as tall as 20 inches right now and weighs about 5 pounds-What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Wow- 5 lbs?! That's almost unfathomable compared to my little 3lb Tennyson! I won't know what to do with such a big baby! haha!


Gender: Girl!

Belly: Oh, this belly! It, and I, feel huge!

Sleep: Sleep just doesn't happen anymore. I'm so uncomfortable and my hips ache so bad at night that I'm up all night long. Most days I get through, but there have been some in which I've asked David to come home early to help because I'm too sleepy to be functional. 
 Soon, there will be other reasons for sleepless nights.  

Clothes: The tops I picked up from a recent consignment event are already getting too short. Oh, this belly! If we go much longer I'm going to have to get some tunics just to be adequate in keeping covered. haha!

Movement: Now that the weather is gorgeous, Tennyson and I take a walk (he rides in the stroller) around the neighborhood each day. It's a short walk, but I am enjoying every step of it. I love being outside in this amazing springtime weather. It will definitely be so nice to be able to get out with both kids in the coming months!

  Though, I think my greatest exercise comes in the form of being Mama to a toddler and keeping the house tidy! It can be rather tough to keep up at times! haha.

Baby Movement- She has more defined resting and active periods. She can still get in some pretty strong kicks and punches. Her favorite spot to reside lately has been my ribs. Occassionally, she'll shift entirely to one side or completely transverse, and my belly will take on quite the interesting shapes! I love all those wiggles and kicks! I already know that I'm going to really miss feeling them after this pregnancy, especially if she's our last child. It's such a special feeling.

Food aversions: I don't think there are any anymore. Anything and everything sounds and tastes fantastic.

Food cravings: Absolutely everything! I'm always hungry and always eating something. I feel like I could just insert my own name into Tennyson's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar!

     "The very hungry Mama... and she was still hungry!" haha

Symptoms: Reflux is raging. I don't even always have to have eaten something to trigger it. Often times, just bending over makes me a fire-breathing Mama. haha.

What I'm excited about: I love looking down at this growing baby belly and feeling her there! It's hard to believe we're so close to meeting her. I've been keeping track according to weeks, but then I put it into days and wow. 41 days seems much, much sooner than 6 weeks. I'm so excited for her to be here with us! My excitement may even be clouding any anxiety or nervousness of delivery. My focus is entirely on her and the joy I have for her to be here as a part of our family! 
    
 I'm down to the last shot! I'm beyond thrilled to finally be finishing them. I've done all that I can to endure and give her the best chance. I really, really hope that we can consequently skip the NICU stay. I would really like to have the dream come true of us being able to bring her home immediately. (And um..yes, I will be enjoying a rather over-indulgent dessert in celebration of this occasion. 20 weeks of awful shots is worthy of celebration).

In Other News:
     My mind has been fixated on her arrival. Since we know that she could arrive any time between now and six more weeks, I've been in constant prep mode. I keep thinking, "okay, if we were to need to suddenly head to the hospital right now: 1) are our bags close enough to being packed that finishing them would be quick? 2) do we have adequate food and/or meals in the house? (because I'm not going to want to do grocery shopping or cook soon after returning home) and 3) will whoever that comes to help us following her delivery be seeing our home as tidy and well managed, or chaotic and messy? (This one may not be the most critical concern, but it does mean quite a bit to me). These concerns and more are ever present. It's tough having such a long period of anticipation! On the plus side, I feel like I've gained greater training in managing our home and daily schedule/routine than ever before! It's actually been really, really nice to see the result of a peaceful and joyful day and home despite this being a season of busyness and exhaustion. :)


34 weeks completed! How many more to go? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...