Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Baby 2 Pregnancy Journal: Week 30!

This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How far along: 30 weeks!

"growing daily is his brain, which is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate his own body temperature and turn up the heat, he'll start shedding lanugo, the downy body hair that's been keeping him warm up until now." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Baby size:  "... weighing in at over three pounds now (he'll be packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks). ." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

*According to the ultrasound this week, she is 3lb 4oz. She doesn't appear to be experiencing any growth restriction at this point. Hooray!

Gender: Girl!

Belly: Oh, this belly! It, and I, feel huge! We're going to be quite impressive by the time she arrives! haha!

Sleep: Sleep varies. Some nights are great. Others, though, are less than ideal and will rather wear on me. these nights I typically can't get comfortable and will ache. Eventually, my body will demand rest and I'll sleep soundly. David has been wonderful getting up with Tennyson during the night so I can sleep. He has also encouraged me to rest when I can. He has done so much to lighten my load so that I can rest when an opportunity presents itself. I'm so grateful for such a caring husband!


Clothes: Tennyson and I made an impromptu trip to the store for some cooler clothing. It has warmed up quickly this year, and I was finding that it was time to replace some of my winter maternity clothes with some spring/summer ones. Ah, short sleeves and thinner material is so much nicer! There may be a few more shopping trips in the future!

Movement:  I think taking care of a toddler and housework each day counts as adequate exercise! It can be rather tough to keep up at times! haha.

I recently sold our single stroller with the intention of purchasing a double stroller. Until it arrives, I'm really missing having a stroller for walks around the neighborhood. I hate to miss an opportunity for us to get outside and go for a walk when the weather is nice. I'm really looking forward to sharing the walk with both children in a few months. (And then I'll really be getting my exercising pushing a stroller with two children!)

Baby Movement- It is amazing how much she moves and how hard she can punch or kick! She'll be quiet and resting until I lay down to rest and then she's quite the wiggle worm! I love every move she makes!

Food aversions: I don't think there are any anymore. Anything and everything sounds and tastes fantastic.

Food cravings: Absolutely everything! I'm always hungry and always eating something. I'd love to say that it's always healthy food, but this baby girl loves her sweets! hehe.

What I'm excited about: I love looking down this growing baby belly and feeling her there! I can hardly believe that we're already at the 30 week mark, and it won't be too much longer until she arrives. I am still just so excited to watch her grow and discover the person she will be!

 I'm absolutely thrilled with so much positive news from the latest ultrasound- proper position, proper growth, and no signs of preterm labor! Perhaps we'll have a newborn instead of a preemie. I unpacked and washed her newborn clothes just in case. It would be a dream to be able to hold her and bring her home instead of having a NICU stay. We'll do whatever we need to do, though, to get her home safely. I'm so excited for her to join our family!

Last, I'm down to only five more weekly shots! I feel empowered and strengthened by the fact that I've endured fifteen of them already. Nonetheless, I've been mentally struggling with them lately. They're a real doozy for sure. But after seeing her on the ultrasound and hearing of her great growth, I'm feeling encouraged to push on in getting these last five. She's absolutely worth it!

In Other News: Nesting is at a high. I'm feeling an intense need to organize everything in sight! With that motivation, I'm getting quite a lot accomplished. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! That is great news about no growth restriction. Hopefully you skip the nicu!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...