Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Baby 2 Pregnancy Journal: Week 28!

Hey, hey. I actually got a 28 week picture at the 28 week
 mark this time! Yay! Haha
This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"


How far along: 28 weeks! Hello, third trimester!
"
Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his head facing downward ... He's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already" -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition
 
Baby size:  "Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long.-What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition 

Gender: Girl!
Belly: Oh goodness, this belly. This baby belly is officially bigger than it was at the end of my first pregnancy. I'm entering new territory with beginning to really feel uncomfortable and a bit clumsy. Tennyson was really small and we didn't make it to term, and so I didn't really experience some of the third trimester discomforts. I'm getting my chance this time around!
 
 Sleep: Sleep has actually improved. I think my body is demanding it at this point. haha
   I started to prop a pillow behind my back as well so that I can lean back a bit on it and take some pressure off my sides and belly. My "pillow fort" (as David calls it) works fairly well, but anytime I need to roll over or get in or out of bed it is a grand effort. We're making it work though!
    
 Symptoms: Fatigue continues to be a constant struggle. Some days I make it through better than others. hah.
 
In general, I'm getting to be just rather uncomfortable.
 
 Clothes: Hello, spring! Okay, spring isn't quite here yet but temperatures in the 40s feel just as good. The warm up has allowed me to be able to wear some of my dresses. Oh goodness, I'm now even more ready for spring because the dresses are so very, very comfortable. I'm tempted to purchase several more. I could very easily live in them for the rest of the pregnancy and postpartum.
 
Movement: I thought back to when the belly was beginning to get more sizeable and the difficulty I was having adjusting my mobility. It was such an effort to hold or carry Tennyson. Now, I can do and be however I need to be. ...Unless, getting up from sitting on the floor, lying in the bed, or bending down to pick something up while holding Tennyson. Then, it's quite amusing!

Baby Movement: Oh, my can this girl get in some good kicks/punches (especially at night)! They'll make me jump and I'll feel  like I've done an ab workout! haha. David got to feel those powerful kicks one night. I think he was really enjoying getting to feel her move so much (or that she was kicking Mama so hard! haha). He agreed that she definitely kicks/punches much stronger than Tennyson did. Perhaps she's has more room than he did and is taking full advantage of it.
 
 Food aversions: Not sure. I still don't have as strong of a preference for meat and heavy meals, but that's pretty typical even when not pregnant.
 
Food cravings: I still love sweets far more than I should. Sooo good though! I could eat my weight in chocolate cake! hahaha

What I miss: Not much! I'm really enjoying this place in pregnancy.
 
 What I'm excited about:  I'm most excited about meeting her. Each time she kicks, I think of her and what she must be doing in there. I wonder if she'll be anything like her brother in personality or appearance. Most of all, I wonder the person she will become. My heart is so full to be her Mama. While I absolutely want her to take her time to arrive, I also am very eager to meet this little person.
 
    We have an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. It's a rather important one, and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. We'll learn her position. (I'm really curious because I get the feeling she may be in a similar position Tennyson was). We'll also learn her size, and if/to what degree growth restriction. (Growth restriction will be one factor for determining when to deliver). In general, we'll have a much better idea as to if to expect her in April or May (or June, but we're really not expecting to go this far, though that would be amazing). Beyond the numbers, though, I'm very eager to just see her again. Compared to the frequency of ultrasounds during my first pregnancy, it feels so strange to only have two this time around. I know that's normal, but I kind of miss getting visual updates. 
 
     I've been gathering items to take to the hospital with us (as well as an overnight bag for Tennyson in the event of an emergency he'll stay with some friends of ours). Today, I pulled out our bags and began listing all that I wanted to have with me and items left to purchase or pack. It's exciting to be making progress towards being fully prepared. I absolutely don't want to get caught unprepared again!
 
    
 
What I'm nervous about: I've actually been much better about being overly concerned about everything all the time. I've been working towards getting things ready as much as possible, which is helping considerably. For the most part, though, I've just been trying to remain positive and enjoy this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...