Saturday, February 28, 2015

Baby 2 Pregnancy Journal: Week 24!

{24 weeks was actually Feb. 21, 2015. I'm about a week behind in posting an update}

This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"


How far along: 24 weeks! Wow, hard to believe that she will be here in only 9-11 weeks! Ah!
 
"Much of [baby's] weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of hers are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now her locks are white since there's no pigment yet.-What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Baby size:  "Your baby is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week.-What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition
 
Gender: Girl!
Weight gain: I have another ob appointment coming up, and will have a new number then. 
 
Belly: This belly is feeling really big! I'm much bigger than I was with Tennyson (though that doesn't necessarily mean the baby's bigger). This baby belly is as big, if not bigger, at 25 weeks than it was at 33 weeks in my first pregnancy! Wow! I can't even fathom how big it will be by the time she arrives. I suppose the shot is doing it's job in allowing for greater expansion. (It better!  haha)
 
    I fear the state of my abs by the end. I had a pretty good case of diastasis recti in my first pregnancy, and retained a pretty good gap between my abs. This time, my muscles are stretching even more which has been rather uncomfortable at times. The area around my belly button even has a bit of a blue tone due to the lack of muscle underneath! I've got a feeling it's going to get much worse. I guess my little frame just has a hard time accommodating a baby. But, praise the Lord this body of mine is hanging in there and still carrying! That's what matters most!
 
 Sleep: Sleep is...well, sleep doesn't really happen anymore. For one reason or another I just don't sleep well at night. Some days are just brutal and when it's been several days in a row a teary meltdown is bound to happen. A daytime nap is essential, but sometimes even then I have a difficult time sleeping. I thought once about how very soon the matter won't be just a restless night, but an actual being up for several hours each night nursing and potentially pumping as well. I'm a little nervous about so little rest while also having so much demand in caring for everyone each day.
 
Symptoms: Fatigue continues to be a constant struggle. I've reluctantly had to let some standards slide a bit as I just don't have the energy to keep up fully each day.
 
I've also come to a point of needing to eat smaller portions throughout the day. This belly is running out of space for larger meals. hah

 Clothes: Well, I've had to purchase more maternity clothes. I loved the low-rise style of pants early on, but have outgrown them. They'll be good for transitioning back to regular clothes later. I'm now loving pants with a full panel. I also found a couple of tops while at the store. It's taking more to cover this bigger belly. haha
 
I finally placed an order for layering pieces to help fill in some gaps in my maternity/post-partum wardrobe. I had several maxi dresses for after the C-section, and now I have the layering pieces that will make them wearable (ie modest). yay! Good to get a start on things! (I kind of wish it was warmer so I could wear them now. I miss skirts and dreses. hah.).
 
Movement: I'm still moving pretty good. I can't say much for exercise. Maintaining the house and caring for Tennyson has been pretty good exercise in my opinion! haha.

Baby Movement: So far, it feels like she must have plenty of room. It amazes me how I can feel her from one side to the next! She's all over the place (including her favorite place at times...my bladder. haha). Oh, and does this girl love to kick! If I'm active, then she's still. If I'm still then she's active (uh hem..at night). She can get some really good ones in too! Sometimes she moves so much that I can watch her from the outside. It's exciting!
 
 Food aversions: Not sure. I still don't have as strong of a preference for meat and heavy meals, but that's pretty typical even when not pregnant.
 
Food cravings: I still love sweets far more than I should. Sooo good though! I could eat my weight in chocolate cake! hahaha

What I miss: Having a more energy to get more done in the day. I miss a cleaner house, but I suppose it's insignificant in comparison to more rest or stressing out over getting it all done all the time.
 
 What I'm excited about: I'm getting pretty excited to meet her! I feel so blessed to have her. I keep reminding myself of her little self on the last ultrasound and imagining being able to hold her soon. The thoughts help me get through the shots each week. I'd do anything for her.

     Speaking of shots, I've made it to the halfway point! 10 done and 10 more to go! HOORAY!!!! I know it will all be worth it in the end to have her and she (hopefully) not have to have a NICU stay. I thought during the last shot that as difficult as they are I'd rather it be me that must go through it than her in the NICU. 10 more! I can do it! :)

      I've really been feeling the need to get desired items purchased and ready, including our hospital bags. I'll also want to put a two-day bag together for Tennyson. We could have months before her arrival, but I learned very well from the last time that we just don't know. If we run into complications or she decides to arrive at some point, then I want to be completely ready to just grab bags and go. I've kind of been the same way in regard to preparing in our home. I'm considering things like having diapering supplies downstairs so that I don't have to run up and down the stairs with two little ones every time one of them needs a diaper. I would still really like a swing, which will probably mean moving an end table to the garage to create space. Freezer meals or other preplanned meals would be amazing to have (but we've yet to start on them). Lots of preparations! I absolutely don't want to get caught completely unprepared again!
 
What I'm nervous about: I'm getting rather nervous about caring for a newborn, toddler, and everything else at the same time. Many days I struggle for the strength to do and be everything for everyone. I'm wondering how I'm going to handle everything, especially on little sleep (which is the biggest trigger for me). I've recently come across some blog posts that have been an encouragement (God's showing me that it is possible and I can do it?).
 
I'm also very nervous about her arriving super early. Even though we (miraculously) made it to 33 weeks with Tennyson, I also know that there is always the possibility of a micropreemie with this condition. Micropreemies really scare me. Every little ache and pain makes me panic just a little bit. It was quick to get to this point in the pregnancy, but I think from here on out it will be slow just waiting for her arrival. haha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...