Monday, February 16, 2015

Baby 2 Pregnancy Journal: Week 22!

{22 weeks was actually Feb. 07, 2015. I'm about a week behind in posting an update}

This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How far along: 20 weeks! We're over halfway there! Hard to believe this little one could be here as soon as only 13 weeks (but hopefully 15 weeks). Wow! Time has flown by in this pregnancy!
 
"developing senses, including touch, sight, hearing, and taste. ... He or she may grab onto the umbilical cord (there's not much else to hang onto in there) and practice the strong grip that will soon be clutching your fingers (and pulling on your hair). ... Though it's dark in the uterine cocoon -- and even with fused eyelids -- fetuses this age can perceive light and dark. ... [The baby's hearing] The sound of your voice and that of your partner, your heart beating, the whoosh-whoosh of your blood circulating through your body, those gastric gurgles produced by your stomach and intestines, the dog barking, sirens and a loud TV. ... [The baby's tasting] pretty much everything you're tasting (so pass the salad)." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition
 
Baby size:  "Forget about ounces, baby. This week we're talking about a whopping weight of 1 pound and a length of nearly 8 inches, about the size of a small doll." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition
 
Gender: Girl!
 Weight gain: According to my last appointment, I've gained two pounds since last month. That puts me up to 125lbs and a total gain of 9lbs. Pretty good for me! 
 
Belly: This belly is beginning to feel really big! I'm much bigger than I was with Tennyson (though that doesn't necessarily mean the baby's bigger). It's definitely getting more difficult to maneuver through tasks during the day, especially carrying Tennyson. We're making it work though!
 
 Sleep: Sleep is...well, sleep doesn't really happen anymore. For one reason or another I just don't sleep well at night. I absolutely have to take at least an hour nap during the day to get through the rest of the day.
 
Symptoms: Fatigue continues to be a constant struggle. I've reluctantly had to let some standards slide a bit as I just don't have the energy to keep up fully each day.

 Clothes: Amazingly, some of my maternity clothes are getting too short or too snug. I have a sneaky feeling I'm going to have to purchase some larger sizes by the time we reach the 30s. haha
 
Movement: I'm still moving pretty good. I can't say much for exercise. Maintaining the house and caring for Tennyson has been pretty good exercise in my opinion! haha.

Baby Movement: Oh, does this girl love to kick! If I'm active, then she's still. If I'm still then she's active (uh hem..at night). She can get some really good ones in too! Sometimes she moves so much that I can watch her from the outside. It's exciting!
 
 Food aversions: Not sure. I still don't have as strong of a preference for meat and heavy meals, but that's pretty typical even when not pregnant.
 
Food cravings: I still love sweets far more than I should. I've come to enjoy a glass of chocolate instant breakfast before bed each night. It's my something sweet in the day. hehe. I've also taken out a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies in a shamefully short amount of time. Ah, but sooo good!

What I miss: Having a more energy to get more done in the day. I miss a cleaner house, but I suppose it's insignificant in comparison to more rest or stressing out over getting it all done all the time.
 
It's getting harder to carry and hold Tennyson. I'm trying hard to not hold him in such a way that he'd put pressure on my belly. He's getting to be a big, heavy boy though. I manage during the day, but am glad to relinquish the holding and carrying to David when I can. We still get in our Mama - Tennyson time though.
 
 What I'm excited about: I'm getting pretty excited to meet her! I feel so blessed to have her. I keep reminding myself of her little self on the last ultrasound and imagining being able to hold her soon. The thoughts help me get through the shots each week. I'd do anything for her.

      I've been really trying to make necessary purchases to be prepared. I'm up to eight preemie outfits, and recently ordered preemie socks and scratch mittens. Oh, goodness they're so tiny! Yet, I remember when Tennyson was that small and those outfits didn't look so small on him. It's exciting to be getting items ready and making preparations for our expanding family!

 
What I'm nervous about: I've been really stressed and worried about having extended family here after she arrives. I've even been unable to sleep lately just thinking about them visiting. We don't have entirely peaceful relationships with either side of family. Their visits are also a lot of work for me. I'm going to have more people to tend to and more stress to deal with at a time in which I need the least amount of both of those things. I'm really, really stressed about them coming at that particular time. I know they mean well, but I really wish they'd wait until later. :/

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about family being around right after the birth of our little one has been hard for me too. I'm a more private quiet person and I appreciate my space, especially after big events like giving birth and having a new baby! I'd much rather it be my husband and me for a couple of days before everyone has to come over and see the baby. Especially because I like to keep a clean house and I don't want to be worrying about that right after I've given birth! Hopefully your family will be helpful this time and it won't mean more work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't think I'd mind a quick visit from friends and family on occasion. However, because we live at a distance from all family their visits are overnight stays for multiple days. One side is pretty mindful of minimizing disruptions to us. The other side... is a completely different story. The less than peaceful relationships adds even more stress. This is just not the time that I need more stress, as well as more people and work to tend to. I need space and the ability to begin establishing a new norm. I'm praying for solutions between now and then.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...