Thursday, January 22, 2015

One Day Is Like Three

 As long as he knows someone is nearby, he's content to
play quietly by himself. I found him just sitting
in this little cozy spot  and playing with his car
this morning while I was preparing our breakfast. Haha.
      I watched an interesting documentary this morning on the evolution of parenting styles. It began with detachment parenting which was popular in the 1950s and then ended with continuum parenting (later known as "attachment parenting") which was popular in the 1970s. The 1960s experienced a parenting style that was a transition from one to the other. This is a really fascinating subject to me. I think I'd classify myself as a mixture of all. There is no perfect model or method, and so I prefer to extract the aspects I see as wise from a variety of sources. Then, I determine my own course. I certainly don't have it all figured out, and probably never will. I'm always eager to learn and improve upon my mothering though!

    Tennyson and I had a rather relaxed morning. Today was shot day for me, and so I decided to not rush through our morning and just enjoy our time together. Fortunately, I've been really on top of my game in regard to the housework this week. It's so much easier to maintain the house when I've been diligent in my cleaning routine. The shot appointment wasn't the worst but wasn't the best. I made it through though. Five weeks down and fifteen to go! I kept reminding myself of a statistic I read last night: one day in the womb is like three days in the NICU. Wow! Thinking of having three less days in the NICU for every day we're able to delay preterm labor is quite the motivator!

Playtime with Daddy!
    The rest of the afternoon was pretty relaxed as well. Tennyson and I spent the afternoon napping and then playing in the living room. Once David got home, he took over playtime and I began dinner. We had giant baked potatoes planned- yum! We frequently plan a potato meal in our weekly menus. They're cost effective, filling, and produce hardly any kitchen clean-up. My kind of meal!

     Tennyson is pretty worn out from the day, and is finally settling down for the night. Since there's so few dishes to do, I'm thinking that curling up in bed and reading for a  bit would be such a pleasant way to end the day. :)


His favorite place to be is right beside Mama!
(He's holding the hammer that goes with his Pound & Tap Bench)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...