Friday, November 28, 2014

Classic/Wooden Toy Gifts - 1 yr old boy

     The gift season is upon us! This year will be Tennyson's first Christmas! He'll be 11 months old by then, which will be such a fun age for a first Christmas. I'm so excited to watch him partake of the various holiday traditions!

     One of those traditions will be opening gifts on Christmas morning. My husband and I desire to not have Christmas be focused on a Christmas morning present extravaganza. We discussed various ideas for how to accomplish this goal. We ultimately decided upon a set amount we'd spend per child for the occasion. It's a reasonable amount that can provide plenty of gifts without being excessive.

     In general, we've focused on classic and wooden toys in our home. Classic/wooden toys develop the mind in a different manner than other toys. They permit calm and creativity. I find them to be just wonderful! Plus, most are gender neutral and high quality so they'll easily pass from one child to the next making the investment worthwhile.

      After making and remaking my list, I've finally settled on the specific items that will be adorned with bright and festive paper and eagerly await reveal on Christmas Day.  Some items I may be able to find second-hand. Books will all be second-hand (via Amazon Marketplace). I already found the puzzle at a consignment store, and if I can find any other items second-hand then I'll opt for those as well. However, classic and wooden toys are a little harder to find than conventional toys. Most likely, many of them will be ordered through Amazon (we have prime and so shipping is always free).

     The following is my list for Christmas gifts for my soon to be one year old son.
Toys
(a) Stacking Ring - Plan Toys
(b) 1st Bead Maze - Melissa & Doug
(c) Shape Sorter - Melissa & Doug
(d) Pound & Tap Bench with Slide Out Xylophone - Hape Toys
(e) Tools Chunky Puzzle - Melissa & Doug

 

Books
(a) Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. And John Archambault
(b) Llama Llama Nighty Night by Anna Dewdney
(c) Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin and Eric Carle

 Stocking



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...