Saturday, November 29, 2014

Baby 2 Pregnancy Journal: 12 Weeks!

**I'm actually now 13 weeks along. I just didn't get this post up in time last week**

This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

 How far along: 12 weeks!
"Most of his systems are in place, though there's still plenty of maturing to do. For one thing, his fetal digestive system is beginning to practice contraction movements necessary for eating, and his bone marrow is busy making white blood cells."-What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Baby size:  "baby weighs a full half-ounce and is about the size of a large plum" -What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

 
Gender: We'll find out in about 7 more weeks! (I decided that there was no way I was going to be caught unprepared again, and that includes knowing the gender for clothing (preemie clothing doesn't come gender neutral)). I still think the baby will be a girl.

Weight gain: I don't know the current number. I'll have an ob appointment just before the week 14 post and will know of and share a number then.
 
Belly: It seems like this baby belly has gotten much bigger much faster this time around. I've been feeling at least two weeks bigger than I was at the same time last time. I'm amazed to see a growing baby belly so soon. I love it though. :)

Sleep: Sleep improved for a bit, and then disappeared again. Of course, I'm still making frequent bathroom trips and up with Tennyson a couple times each night. Some days I feel like I manage okay on just a little and other days not so much. A daily nap when I can is magical!

Symptoms: So far, the digestive issues and sickness that plagued me the entirety of my first pregnancy have not made their appearance to the same degree they did last time (and hopefully they won't because that was rough). I've still had some instances of digestion troubles. For the most part, though, feeling pretty good.

 Clothes: Hello, maternity clothing! I could still wear my regular clothes, but by the end of the day the waistbands have left their mark. I had one day in which I delighted in thinking that my skirt still fit well. Then, I looked down and realized I hadn't finished buttoning it up when I got dressed that morning! Haha, no wonder it seemed to fit better!

        I didn't quite get back all the pieces I loaned. Not really worth making a fuss over though. I would like to purchase some new (to me) pieces anyways. I've found some great deals on maternity clothes at ThredUp.com. I'm especially looking forward to having several more pairs of pants and a different style of pant this time around. (I had only two pairs last time and they were full panels, which didn't work very well for me. This time, I chose pants with the bands that hit below the belly instead of stretching up and across. It's the little things. haha).
 
     As much as I love and prefer to wear skirts, I've come to the conclusion that pants will be the garment of choice this winter. I had a really hard time finding properly fitting skirts during my first pregnancy. The ones I did find were knits. It's way too cold here to wear knits (even with leggings underneath) during the winter. I also have a hard time with the..awkward ankle situation. Flats are the easiest and most stylish with skirts, but not very warm. Boots would be warmer, but I feel very clunky and am super clumsy in them, especially with a long skirt. That does not pair well with carrying two little ones. So, I'll just do pants for the winter maternity season, and then switch to skirts and dresses for the spring postpartum season.  :)
 
Movement: If cleaning the house until it shines and double cooking everyday count as exercise, then give me a gold star! My in-laws are visiting and so I've been preparing by cleaning and keeping clean the house beyond my normal. I've also been cooking our daily meals and the meals we'll be having with them each day. It's been a lot of work, and I'm plum worn out. Mission accomplished though!

Food aversions: Meat and heavy meals. Pretty much anything that requires significant energy to consume. haha
 
Food cravings: Chocolate cake!!! I'm obsessed. Haha. I've been indulging in a delicious a chocolate cupcake each week when we do our grocery shopping. The bakery has those gourmet cupcakes for only $.99. So, I've enjoyed a weekly cupcake thoroughly!

With my first pregnancy, I craved salty and meaty foods. Sweets didn't really do much for me. This time around, I'm less about the salt and meat and more about the sweets. If the old wives tale is true (and it was for the first time!), we may have a little girl on the way!

What I miss: I kind of miss appropriately fitting clothing. I'm in between currently- regular clothes getting a little too tight but maternity clothes still a bit too loose. I'm feeling like I wear the same things everyday. I kind of miss variety. Hah, not the most tragic loss, I know.

   We're making progress on weaning Tennyson from nursing. My supply is nearly up so that has helped. I still have moments in which I miss freely nursing Tennyson, especially during those moments that nursing provides the ultimate comfort. He's doing well, and we've had a great experience. I'm looking forward to sharing the same with baby 2.

What I'm excited about: I'm just thrilled beyond words for this little one. Though it may be early in the pregnancy, I already feel so bonded. I adore Tennyson, and I know that I will adore his sibling just the same. Love multiplies!

      I'm also excited about the happy organization that has been taking place at our home!  I have gone through and done a major organization overhaul of our home. I must say it is glorious. I still have a few more items to try to sell and others to sort and store. So far, it's been so nice to have a purposeful place for everything!

     Finally, I've begun looking into activities for Tennyson. I know that by spring I'm going to have an active little toddler to keep busy. I've been browsing websites and Pinterest for ideas for purposeful baby/toddler play. Incorporating these activity times into our day will be a great precursor to starting homeschool with him.  

What I'm nervous about:  Last post, I was nervous about handling two little ones. This time, I feel much more confident. Perhaps it's because I don't feel quite as drained and exhausted. The bit of added energy to think about organization and toddler activities gives me confidence that I can do this. Confidence has also been gained through seeing my belly grow and thinking of this little one with complete delight.

       ... And then that glorious energy depleted and I'm once again wondering about managing on very little rest. Functioning at tip top level as a mama while completely worn out has got to be the hardest part of the job. Phew! I'm still learning how to do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...