Friday, October 10, 2014

Motherhood- a Gift From and Offering To God

    I came across this quote this morning, and found it to be a wonderful encouragement. Sometimes, caring for a little ones (yes, plural. This second little one is included by means of pregnancy fatigue. haha) is exhausting and overwhelming. However, a quick change in perspective makes all the difference.
"This job has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift. Therefore, it is a privilege. Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God. Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God's way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness."
~Elisabeth Elliot (word emphasis mine)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. My husband and I are currently going through an emotional, stressful, and confusing time because our 18 month old son seems to have some kind of developmental delay, possibly autism, and the road ahead seems unclear. We love our son so much and it hurts us to see him struggling and not progressing as he should. At the same time, we know that God designed him just as he is, autism diagnosis or not, and we are so thankful for his life. I tell him every day that he is a joy and a blessing, and he truly is. If you could please keep us in prayer, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

    ~~Sarah in GA~~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...